Tuesday, March 27

an intimate affair

and so i broke the news to mum yesterday.
no one would know the amount of courage it took me to tell her i would have to stop helping her @ work very soon.
but she took it all in her stride and in fact told me it was a good opportunity for me and that i should work hard.
and then. today she asks " so when would you be signing the papers? maybe they wont call you. then you can stay and work for me. i think i will call them and tell them not to offer you the job. " she said it with such jest i could almost felt that she was for real.
seriously. im having the time of my life spending every waking moment with the pp i love. i wake up to the man i love. and i work the rest of the day with the woman i love. what more could i ask for. but i suppose i am selfish. i want to earn my own money. i want to do my own things.
so it hit me kinda hard to know that my mum needs me at work.not that i do alot for her. but i suppose i am useful in some ways. and so throughout the day, there was an unspoken unbearable feeling of having to part soon. i almost dread my last day helping her at work.
and so i took the opportunity to spend some time with her after work and went shopping @ Raffles City.
and i forgot to switch off the headlights. by the time we came back to the car. the battery was flat. dead. geez. and so dear mum found out the reason was coz i left the head lights on. and all she said was " now we can go buy the ribs at half price (at cold storage after a certain time). since we have to wait for an hour for the guy to come". sigh. i felt even worse. knowing she was really tired.
so when we parted. i felt the least i could do was leave her an sms

tam: sorry ma for the trouble. sms me when you get home k
ma: no pblm abt the car. its a matter of time. im home already. nw you know how imp u r to give me support. hehehe trying 2 make you feel remorseful for resigning
tam: hee okok no matter what happens you know i love you the most.
ma: hope you wont get it. just joking lah. let me know the good news.

i may not be rich in wealth. but i do know i will die knowing that im the most loved gal in the world.

1 comment: